Stop in the library and check out a few of the ways our library is truly alive!
1. "Take a Sweet Trip to the Library" ....we are monitoring student trips (grades 3-6) to the library. All during the week they are coming in to put books on hold, get their books on hold, check out, recommend titles, participate in World Mania Triva, look for other great books, add to their Destiny Quest list, etc.
2. Second grade students are focused on finding books in a series that are a great fit - books that match their interests and that they will be able to read and enjoy.
3. Third graders are reading books by 'Awesome Authors' and are also going to be tracking different series to determine which one is most popular with our third grade classes.
4. Iowa Children's Choice books are in high demand and many of our 4th-6th graders have already finished several titles. Teams will be determined in the next month.
5. We continue to Skype with various authors. Janet Tarshijan and Gil Lewis are next on the calendar.
is the teacher librarian at Hopewell Elementary School. She received her Masters in Library and Information Science from the University of Iowa, and is also responsible for the Extended Learning Program.